Sprouted Lentil (fluffy) Bread
So, the other day I decided to try out something new. I had heard about sprouted lentils and how good they are for you. Being under special circumstances these days (ahem Covid-19) and having a lot of time on my hands, I decided to give it try.
I will post the recipe for sprouting lentils soon on here it takes a couple of days to do and stores in the fridge for about a week.
Anyway, it's been five days since I made them and I MADE A LOT. I really don't like to waste any food so I started to google some recipes and found a nice and easy bread recipe that I could make.
I had everything I needed in my pantry, except for the different flours (they use a mix of almond, coconut, and lentil). I swapped the other two flours for regular flour and it came out SO GOOD!
I decided to make the bread at like 8am and was done within an hour and a half. Throw in a quick yoga session while the bread bakes and voila!
Lately, with what has been going on. I try to include some yoga daily to reduce my anxiety. Along with some nice long nature walks with my LOVE. I mean honestly, I am not so mad about the situation, come to think of it. Some people have been hit harder by this. Many people have lost their jobs or even lost loved ones. Let's hope this situation can be resolved quickly. We are all doing our part by staying in and minimizing contact with each other. I am sure, as a nation and a world, we will come out from this stronger.
Without further ado, I give you my Sprouted Lentil (Fluffy) Bread recipe:
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 to 1 1/2 cup of sprouted lentil flour (sprouted lentils ground up using magic bullet)
1 teaspoon baking soda (I use Bob's red mill)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt (You can use fancy salt if you have)
4 - 6 eggs (I used four)
2 teaspoons honey
3 teaspoons melted ghee butter or coconut oil (or regular butter, even olive oil. It all works!)
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon white vinegar (or Apple cider vinegar)
Toppings:
I sprinkled oats, but you can add any topping you'd like such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, or whatever you have on hand.
Step 1:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (bake).
Step 2:
In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, lentil flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl combine melted butter (room temperature), water, eggs, honey, and vinegar. Mix well.
Make a well in the middle of your flour mixture and drop in your wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly to ensure the flour is well mixed in.
Step 3:
Line your baking tray with parchment paper and dump in your wet bread mixture. Spread evenly, but not too evenly. I like things to look a little rustic.
Add on your topping of choice and bake for 50-55 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
Once done set aside and let cool.
I had my toast with fresh avocado and poached eggs. But I can definitely see myself slathering on some almond butter and strawberry jam! Yum!
Enjoy! ;)
I will post the recipe for sprouting lentils soon on here it takes a couple of days to do and stores in the fridge for about a week.
| sprouted lentils |
Anyway, it's been five days since I made them and I MADE A LOT. I really don't like to waste any food so I started to google some recipes and found a nice and easy bread recipe that I could make.
I had everything I needed in my pantry, except for the different flours (they use a mix of almond, coconut, and lentil). I swapped the other two flours for regular flour and it came out SO GOOD!
| sliced sprouted lentil bread |
I decided to make the bread at like 8am and was done within an hour and a half. Throw in a quick yoga session while the bread bakes and voila!
Lately, with what has been going on. I try to include some yoga daily to reduce my anxiety. Along with some nice long nature walks with my LOVE. I mean honestly, I am not so mad about the situation, come to think of it. Some people have been hit harder by this. Many people have lost their jobs or even lost loved ones. Let's hope this situation can be resolved quickly. We are all doing our part by staying in and minimizing contact with each other. I am sure, as a nation and a world, we will come out from this stronger.
Without further ado, I give you my Sprouted Lentil (Fluffy) Bread recipe:
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 to 1 1/2 cup of sprouted lentil flour (sprouted lentils ground up using magic bullet)
1 teaspoon baking soda (I use Bob's red mill)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt (You can use fancy salt if you have)
4 - 6 eggs (I used four)
2 teaspoons honey
3 teaspoons melted ghee butter or coconut oil (or regular butter, even olive oil. It all works!)
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon white vinegar (or Apple cider vinegar)
Toppings:
I sprinkled oats, but you can add any topping you'd like such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, or whatever you have on hand.
Step 1:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (bake).
Step 2:
In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, lentil flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl combine melted butter (room temperature), water, eggs, honey, and vinegar. Mix well.
Make a well in the middle of your flour mixture and drop in your wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly to ensure the flour is well mixed in.
Step 3:
Line your baking tray with parchment paper and dump in your wet bread mixture. Spread evenly, but not too evenly. I like things to look a little rustic.
Add on your topping of choice and bake for 50-55 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
Once done set aside and let cool.
I had my toast with fresh avocado and poached eggs. But I can definitely see myself slathering on some almond butter and strawberry jam! Yum!
Enjoy! ;)


Comments