MACA ICE CREAM COOKIE with chocolate dip
I've been developing my own way of baking treats these days. Very much inspired by summer and my love for ice cream.
I decided to make these Maca cookies one day from clean eating goddess. I like to make healthy treats that way I don't feel as guilty. Anyway, I made them and they were delicious.
It came to me so suddenly. Why don't I make these into ice cream cookies? So I rolled up my sleeves and starting assembling these bad boys. I mean it was beyond delicious.
I dipped mine in a dark chocolate mixture before freezing and next time I might double dip them and make these bad boys a little bigger. Giant ice cream cookies, yes, please!
These treats are great because they are so easy to make. I mean, I'm taking 15 to 20 minutes total.
Also, Maca powder is so beneficial for you, look it up. These cookies also have flax seeds and almond meal for those who are gluten-free and they can easily be made vegan by substituting the egg for a flax egg. The flaxseeds can be kept whole (which I did) but I think ground flax meal may be more enjoyable. You won't be biting into these giant flax seeds.
MACA ICE CREAM COOKIES (with chocolate dip ):
Recipe for cookies credit clean eating goddess:
Dry ingredients:
2 cups almond meal
1tsp baking powder
1/2 cup flax seeds (ground will be a little smoother)
2 tbs Maca Powder
Wet ingredients:
1/4 cup meleted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 egg (or flax egg)
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment and grease it with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, melt your coconut oil. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then whisk in maple syrup, vanilla and one egg.
3. To this bowl, add your baking powder, almond flour, flaxseeds, maca powder, and salt. Stir until well combined.
4. Scoop the dough and roll into same size balls. Place onto baking sheet and flatten using a a fork or fingers.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Transfer immediately to wire rack to cool.
Chocolate dip:
100 grams dark chocolate ( I used president choice)
1 tbs coconut oil (this will give your frozen treat a nice crisp when you bite into it)
Nuke 30 seconds at a time.
Assembling :
Take two cookies and ice cream of choice (I used vanilla) scoop ice cream and place in between both cookies. Press lightly and dip into chocolate mixture set aside on plate. Repeat for all. Try to go about this quickly to avoid ice cream to melt. Once complete freeze all cookies for a good 15-20 minutes before enjoying.
| Ice Cream Maca Cookies |

Comments