FRIDAYS ARE FOR YOGA + BAKING COOKIES

Here we are March 8th 2019, International women's day. It's cold. It's Montreal. Buuut its Friday!

What could make today better? A prescription of rest from my running coach! 

I'll be getting in some much needed yoga tonight. I just googled it. It's legit happening. (I think)

I also have this craving for almond butter cookies, so Ive decided to make some. 


I found this yummy peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe on cookieandkate.com and I've added my own twist to it. 

I've slightly modified this recipe using almond butter and a flax egg instead. Also the original recipe calls for chocolate chips which I have decided to omit. (Legit do not want to go to the grocery store at this point, also reason I am not using an egg)

These modification have made these cookies dairy free (DF) and gluten free (GF). 


Ready, set, go!



Ingredients:

- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 
- 1 flax egg (ground 1 tablespoon flax seed and add 3 tablespoon water let soak for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, ground in food processor (I use magic bullet) until it gives you a flour like consistency
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats

Follow instructions:


Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or grease up with butter to avoid the cookies from sticking.

In a large bowl mix in almond butter with maple syrup (Optional add in butter, mix well).

Add in flax egg, mix. Then add in all remaining ingredients (vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and salt) and mix well before incorporating your oat flour and rolled oats.

Drop the dough by the tablespoon onto your prepared baking sheets. 

Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes. You can reverse pans midway when they are barely set and just beginning to turn golden around the edges.

Let cool a little before devouring.

And Voila! 







Comments